i’ve been feeling rly sluggish and a little down, so just to motivate myself and remind myself
sockdreams.com is such a dangerous website omg you can drop so much money within the blink of an eye
I NEED ALL OF THEM
let me tell you about sockdreams okay. everything they have is cute and their “longer” socks which are for taller or curvier people are amazing. i am almost 6 feet tall and not a skinny lady and i bought some thigh highs thinking they’d end up being calf socks on me and just kind of resigning myself to this fate but when they arrived (in like two days, holy shit they mail out fast) not only did they pull all the way up without trouble, they managed to stay up and look cute. as. fuck. OP’s right yo, that website’s a threat to your wallet.
sockdreams is such a legitimate company and I love them a lot
For realsies, SockDreams is amazing. I really admire them as a company for making a strong commitment to being body positive. They put a lot of effort into making sure their sizing information is accurate, have a wide range of options for plus and tall sizes, and are vigilant about hateful comments appearing on their sight. Not to mention, the language they use on their website is very inclusive. All my love for sockdreams.I’m so in love with this site.
Need this in my life.
how to spot a fake geek boy: says deadpool is heterosexual
When is it OK to sexually harass women on the street? When it’s for a YouTube video, of course!
That was the apparent thinking of reality-television star turned viral YouTube performer Sam Pepper, who came under fire this past weekend when his latest “prank” showed him sexually harassing women for laughs. The former Big Brother contestant, who has over 2 million YouTube subscribers, asked women on a busy street for directions while secretly grabbing their butts.
Because nothing’s funnier than touching random women without their permission and catching the whole thing on camera.
In Seattle, Washington, an aged and allegedly “haunted” coke machine has been in the same spot for over fifteen years, but despite its outward appearance the machine is fully functional. In fact, the machine has always worked. Some of the drinks it dispenses are normal Coke products, but some are products that are no longer on the market and don’t exist any more. Some of the buttons are labeled as a “mystery” and give a random product when pushed. The business closest to it, a locksmith, state that they have never witnessed anyone restocking the machine at any time, No one ever has, and the mystery of it has attracted tons of people to test out the machine for themselves. It’s also pretty interesting to note that the prices for the sodas have risen over time, recently being from 55 cents to 75. I guess ghost machines have to pay the bills somehow.
Holy shit how much does that cat weigh
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
reblogging because this is important and because you mentioned Hugh Dancy and his ridiculous airport carpet obsession
No but really sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying.
This is excellent advise I must keep in mind.
Sleep Paralysis is, indeed, fucking terrifying (first-hand experience), so if it happened to you or to anyone you know and there’s a possibility it can happen again, read and share this.
I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS AND OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO. This is the very god damn reason I can’t sleep in the fucking dark. I’ve only had it once but that one time was all I needed to erase my long time in therapy and bring me back to step 1. I had no fucking idea what sleep paralysis was and the fact that it gave you hallucinations. So please, if you have debilitating horror triggers, READ THIS. PLEASE DONT SCROLL PAST THIS, YOU MAY NEED THIS.
woah, thanks to this post i actually learned i have sleep paralysis and not lucid dreams… amazing.